02.20.2008
I got my car back from the dealer today. Turns out all it that was wrong was a little wire got disconnected. Turns out that little disconnected wire cost $112. Turns out $112 is a lot better than the estimated $800. Turns out that car dealers are kind of rip-offs.
Well in the interim before we took my car to the dealer for repairs, E changed the fuel filter trying to do all he could think of to fix the car to make sure we didn't have to go to the dealer for some expensive repirs. The fuel filter DID need changing but that wasn't the problem. Now we know it was just a wire the came loose. The dealer also told us that we needed the fuel lines replaced. Because E changed the fuel filter and didn't use the correct tool to remove the clips that hook the fuel lines in place, they had to be replaced per the dealer. No the clips couldn't just be replaced, the whole fuel lines had to be replaced. Do you realize that fuel lines cost $322 for a 2005 Ford Freestyle. This is without the labor. If it would take up to the estimated four hours of labor, the total cost would be $800. All they can estimate is that it would take one to four hours for labor. Seriously! Seriously! E balked at that. Because of two clips, you have to replace the fuel lines. No. So Edward is using some other type of claspy thingy to ensure the fuel lines stay secured in placed. Granted I am a little leery about this but he tells me it will work. Cross my fingers because I am paranoid of breaking down and/or getting a flat. Changing a flat tire I can do... I may not want to do it but I can do it! Breaking down, I don't like not being in control of a situation so I get real anxious. I am considering investing in a premium membership with AAA.
Today was not a very fun day at work, so needless to say I search USAJobs for some Federal positions. I can up with 8 jobs that I qualify for and am going to submit applications for. All in the job that I love and in some funky places that I would never consider except on the government's dime. One is in Washington state, another in North Carolina, another at the Grand Canyon. There are a couple more locations but places I have lived before. I am still anxiously waiting to hear on my "dream" job but in the meantime I cannot let life pass me by. I need to be proactive instead of reactive.
I also have a new attitude I am going to try at work starting tomorrow. I really need to refocus my energy and quit making myself upset over something that isn't going to change and over something that only upsets me. All I need to worry about is my job and the kind of job I am doing. Period. Quit worrying about what others are doing. Quit worrying about what is fair and what is not. Others are either doing the right thing or the wrong thing. The right way gets recognized. The wrong way gets ignored and/or put on front street.



No comments:
Post a Comment