Monday, February 11, 2008

02.11.2008

Had an okay day at work today. Just a normal busy Monday. I am starting to dread the doom of not getting my "dream" job. I am rather miserable at work. Some of it is my own doing but I am at the point now that I am going to explode from keeping a bunch of stuff inside and not expressing my true feelings. It would be so much easier if I just got this job. But at the same time I don't want to have an easy out... I need to fix what is wrong versus just masking it.

E tried to do a quick fix to my car that isn't working so far. He really didn't have time to do much but change the fuel filter. Regardless if that is the problem, the fuel filter seriously needed changing. It seems right now the fuel isn't getting through the lines. E goes to Dallas/Ft. Worth overnight for work tomorrow. So maybe when he gets back on Wednesday or Thursday he can really get into the thick of what is wrong and fix it. Versus having to take my car to the dealer and let them rob me of $600-800. No thanks!

I made dinner tonight. I feel rather good about this accomplishment. It isn't that I can't cook. I think I am a pretty good cook. It is that I prefer not to cook. But we are trying to cook more at home versus eating out so much. Eating out is so much more expensive and not very healthy. My goal is to cook about 4 days a week with the other nights a leftover night... mainly the nights E is out of town for work. He does not do leftovers. Weirdo. I would like to go out about one night per two week pay period. Make it more of a special event... something to really look forward to. Back to dinner. I made Beef and Broccoli. Not a real stretch by any means. It is easy with the sauce mix. Of course I could've made it myself with a little water, cornstarch, and soy sauce. But thought I would take it a little easy on myself and use the mix... a little assistance getting back in the swing of cooking regularly. I just made instant rice to go with it. I have used instant rice for years. I think it tastes the same and comes out perfect almost every time. (Well not a couple weeks ago when I made it a little wrong and it ended up with too much water. Yuck!) I started using instant after making crummy rice the traditional way. Either too sticky or not done. Tiresome. Now I don't have to worry.

Pearl loves bugs. She is constantly finding crickets and playing with them until they are dead then eating them. Of course she isn't really particular. A dead cricket will work in a pinch. Pearl is gross. Tonight she was messing with a spider. We have these ginormous brown spiders here. They are harmless, I think, other than being a ginormous spider. They kind of jump too. Scared the shit out of me at first but now I don't even think twice about them. Pearl found one tonight. I didn't know what she was playing with at first. Then I was kind of weirded out because the spider was still alive, sort of. Then I had to play the game of trying to catch Pearl to throw her outside. Fun times!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Geez, girlie, if you are fixin to blow a gasket all over your family, I hope you do get the job and can escape doing that. I'm the same way with my pita little brother and his wife. And as much as I just want to tell both of them off, if I did it would be worse. Sometimes family relationships are held together by the thinnest of threads. And there is always some one in the family who gets the crap. I'm guessing that's you, huh? I continue to think new-job thoughts for ya!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

sucks about your job...hopefully, you'll hear something soon about the new one...fingers still crossed.