Monday, October 27, 2008

10.26.2008 Moving

So here are some decisions I have made regarding my move:

* I am not taking any dishes, glasses, toaster, or cookware (except for my La Creuset - sp?). Too much to pack so I will just buy new in El Paso. All my pots and pans are a hodge podge collection of crap and I want new dishes anyways. Toasters and glassware are cheap.
* I am going to purge, purge, and purge again regarding the scrap crap. I seriously don't have enough room to pack it uncensored. Plus I really have too much scrap crap to begin with. I will never and I mean NEVER use it all in my lifetime... even if I weren't to make another purchase.
* I am not taking my living room furniture or kitchen table. Not enough room and I want new. Now don't think I have all this extra cash sitting around to purchase new kitchenware and furniture. I don't. However, I do know how to peruse Craigslist and shop for bargains. I will do without until I can afford to purchase what I need.
* I am getting nowhere fast on packing. I have given myself a two week deadline for purging and packing. I want to be finished by Sunday, November 9, 2008. This will give me a week and a half before I actually move. A week and a half to rest and not stress over packing.
* I have decided to sell some of my crap at the local flea market in my last two weekends. I live too far out in the country to have a yard sell so the alternative is to setup on Sunday at the local flea market. What I don't sell, I will donate to a local charity. Plus the proceeds can go to replace a bunch of the junk I will be selling.
* I seriously don't know how I am going to fit all my crap in the back of my car and a U-haul. Granted I do drive a Ford Freestyle which is a station wagon type vehicle so I do have plenty of room in the car. But for a household... not so much. I have decided that all my scrap crap has to fit in my car to go.

I did start purging and packing this weekend. I did not get far and fast. I have crap spread all over the living room. I did get several loads of laundry done. Now my next big decision is what to purge from all my bedding. This is one of several things that I tend to collect. I love comforters and have far too many sets of sheets. It is going to hard deciding what gets packed and what gets purged... I cannot take all of it.

I will keep you posted on the progress. Hopefully there will be progress and not a breakdown with tears. Oh a breakdown with tears is inevitable but I am hoping not... so that means I have to be successful with the purging and packing and NOT STRESS. Right!?!?!?!?!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: