Saturday, October 18, 2008

10.18.2008 Moving. Am I stupid?

As a child raised by a single mother, we moved alot. It was ridiculous how many times we moved. I always told myself that I wouldn't move like that as an adult. Guess what? As an adult, I have moved. And moved several times. And not only have I moved a lot, in fact too many times, I get wunderlust after being in the same place for too long. So now I (maybe) prepare for another move. I am in the mindset that I am getting this job. No offer yet but I did get a call on Friday with a few more questions to finalize the selection... questions that are more in line like I got the job versus actual interview questions. My girlfriend and I feel really good about this... but until the offer is on the table, no new job. Yet.

So back to moving. Since I feel good about getting offered this job, my mindset is that I am moving. I figure once I get the offer, they will want me to report in two weeks. I am figuring two weeks because that is the standard notice for my current job. I would like more than two weeks but beggars can't be choosers. With the mindset of moving, I have started cleaning/purging/packing my house. Not really packing because I am not going to start packing until I know for sure that I am moving. But purging has started. And basically I have gotten nowhere. How is it that I have to go through all these boxes that have been stored for a good three years (and some more than that through a couple of moves at least). I feel that I have to sort through each box with mouse droppings and dead bugs. Sorry I live in the country and that is the nature of the beast... not that I am dirty. Well I am kind of dirty but that isn't the cause of the mouse poop and bugs.

I feel so frustrated that I have piles of crap strewn through my living room with a feeling that I am going two steps backward instead of one step forward. I guess it will feel that way until I fight through some of the clutter and actually remove it from my house.

On a good note, I have found some jewelry of mine that I have been missing for awhile. Not really missing just packed away and I didn't really know where it was. Found several pieces of my favorite jewelry that I have missed wearing. I will be like a new woman with all my "old" finds.

Now I have to decide what dishes I want to take considering I have four different patterns. Ridiculous. I don't even entertain at my house so why do I need four different patterns of dishes (and it really is five sets since I have a double set of one pattern).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

don't even get me started on all MY junk in my house and my UNorganizational skills...ugh! the kids ruined me...

fingers still crossed, definitely a good sign about the call on friday!

Mrs Pretzel said...

keep the double set. That way, you have enough of one pattern for WHEN you entertain. :) I'm getting better about getting rid of things...