Friday, December 26, 2008

12.26.2008 After Christmas Shopping

I had a nice day yesterday for Christmas. It was just me, Baby, and Pearl. I made a wonderful meal and we just hung out at our apartment. The downer of the day is there wasn't shit on TV yesterday. I spent more time changing channels than actually watching anything. And I have movies on demand and couldn't find anything I wanted to watch.

I didn't intend to do any after Christmas shopping today. However, I did venture out. I needed to return a pair of jeans at Catherine's but they didn't have the size I need so that pretty much was a wasted trip. I went to Wal-mart to pick up a few things. The one thing I really, really needed I forgot, a mop. I went to a rubber stamp store that had some neat stuff. Where I hit the jackpot on after Christmas sales was Cracker Barrel. I stopped there for two reasons: 1) I was hungry and ate a late lunch and 2) I know there Christmas stuff is the shit. I bought about 13 ornaments plus a paper machete house for a whole $10. All their Christmas is at 70% off. Folks were in there grabbing ornaments like crazy... and of course I fit right in.

So basically I went out today to run errands to purchase/return stuff I needed. I didn't load up on too much Christmas stuff, just the few things from Cracker Barrel. I feel I had a pretty good day. Now I need to get to cleaning and go to the laundromat later this afternoon.

I hope all of you had a joyous holiday yesterday and a great day out today (if you were the adventurous type)!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Kerry McKibbins said...

Sounds like a good day to me!
Merry Christmas my friend!

Joni M said...

Must be hard being in a new town for Christmas. It sounds like you had a nice cozy day. The day after Christmas shopping? YIKES! not me! LOL!

Brandy said...

Kim, you crack me up. You are right...there wasn't shit on tv! I was thinking the same thing too. I didn't do the day after sales either. They get me all aggravated -- too many people. Sounds like things are settling in nicely for you. Keep posting....I enjoy reading and keeping up with you! Hope you have a great New Year!