Sunday, December 14, 2008

12.14.2008 Furniture

Imagine this in a sofa and loveseat. That is exactly what I just purchased today. You see I didn't bring my old living room set with me. Number one it wasn't that old but number two is was filthy dirty (as my Brother-In-Law would say). Dirty with everything you can imagine plus add dog hair. Nice. So I decided to donate it to the Salvation Army. Sorry but I am sure someone can clean it and use it... it was still in great condition except for the dirt/hair factor.

Anyways, I think I signed my life away to finance this new living room set. Of course the salesperson did her job and talked me into spending WAY too much money. She was only doing her job. I was hoping to have it delivered before Christmas but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Everything was in stock except for the sofa. I would rather have it all at one time versus piecemeal. By the way, this furniture if orange. ORANGE if you didn't get that. I jumped in with both feet (after a little convincing by my sister). My new color scheme in my living room is brown and orange with a little blue thrown in. Granted I don't really have anything blue to throw in just yet.

I am going to make my living room a nice enjoyable atmosphere not just a place to watch television. Well that is my goal anyways. I am tired of not having the house decorated like I want and that is basically laziness on my part. So with the new job and move, I am making a new life out of it and doing it the way I want instead of settling. Well that is the goal anyways!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

i love it, kim!!! go you!! can't wait to see pics of it all! stinks about the wait, though!

Kerry McKibbins said...

I LOVE ORANGE!!!
Way to go Kim!

Joni M said...

I would love an orange color scheme!!! My hubby is such a fuddy duddy... for him it must be blue or brown. It's a real bummer to spend all that money and have to wait. I'm sure it's going to look great!