Tuesday, January 08, 2008

01.08.2008

Meet Pearl.





Pearl is the newest member of my family. Pearl was born 09.19.2007 and is a Pug/Boston Terrier mix. CKC registered even. I saw a listing on Craigslist for a Pugston. I have been needing (not wanting) a Pug. So I took the chance with this listing and gave Pearl a visit. Well I gave Mimi a visit as this was her name at the time. Pearl's previous family stated Pearl was a gift for their son but their 10-year old cat did not get along with Pearl. So I bought their story, hook line and sinker! I even paid cash for Pearl. This obvious was a back alley transaction. Now I know the real story of Pearl aka Mimi. This dog is the Devil in disguise. Oh not the cute, catchy Elvis song. This dog is truly demonic. Well... maybe not necessarily demonic as much as I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. You see, a Pug/Boston Terrier mix may look cute on the outside with her saggy lips, bug eyes, and all round cutie patootie self. In real life, this dog has to be on the crack. Seriously. I don't know where she is getting her money to buy crack. I am not missing anything from the house so I know she isn't selling my stuff for the drug. But she has to be on crack to have as much energy as she does. This dog can go and go and go and go.... you get the picture. I am a napper. Sugar (white boxer pictured with Pearl) and Baby (yorkie) are nappers. We are a napping family. Not so much anymore. Now when I try to take a nap, rest assured Pearl will be napping on my head soon enough. Yes the dog sleeps on my head when she considers napping. Not so cute. She also farts and snores. Really not so cute. I guess Pearl can stay for now. I mean, I really couldn't punish another family with this Devil dog. Somehow I will manage. Somehow.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

9 comments:

csimmers said...

Kim, I have to tell you that I hear you ... about the devil in disguise. I've had one of those too. But, no matter how much devil they show, they look at you with those beautiful eyes and give you a kiss and all is well. Enjoy your new addition to the family. Pearl looks like a keeper. :-)

Joni M said...

Sugar looks like she's putting up with all the extra love fairly well! Have fun with your new puppy! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Pearl is ADORABLE and I tagged you!

muirwoodsue said...

I laughed so hard when I read about Pearl. Especially when you wrote, where did she get the money to buy crack!
We are a napping family too. My Yorkie sleeps on my head or next to it. Only once in a while does she snore!

Enjoy your new puppy!
Sue

Aimeslee Winans said...

I hope that Pearl's joining your family is a blessing in disguise, regardless of the behavior. I'd put an extra pillow over my head and let her sleep on that, LOL. Not into the dog on the head thing...

Mel Place said...

ss kim she cute hope she get settle down soon!LOL crack he he he.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Kim, thank you, dear friend. I know very well how hard it's been for you. You are probably the biggest animal-lover I know! Your caring means a lot. I'm doing fine. It's kinda funny now: earlier this evening, I had a pang of regret...I realized I'd never dressed Sheila up in a costume and taken photos. I do wish I'd done that, she was such a little doll-like thing. Is that silly, or what? {{hugs}}

ricanlaw said...

Okay, can I saw those pics. are way too cute!

Mrs Pretzel said...

LOL that is a GREAT story... I've heard about those drug dogs... I always thought the FOUGHT the drug problem... but maybe they nick a little to sell on the side?