01.30.2008
So I know it has been like forever since I posted last. I know! It does bother me in the back of my mind. I always think that I have nothing to report. I have to remember that this blog is really just for myself but I do like to update my "few" readers that are out there... so I have a couple items of interest to report.
First item of interest is that I applied for a job. I used to work for the Federal government for eight years. Now I work for my parents in our wine distribution business. I have discussed this with my mom and thought it might be a good idea to start looking for another job. I am not going to take just any job because I am really fine where I am at. It is just something I have to do for myself and really to see what is out there. So anyways, I found the perfect job for me. This job is calling my name. I wanted to apply for this exact job about 6-7 years ago when I was still working for the Feds. Why I didn't, I don't know. This is a Federal job in my exact field of experience. Plus it closes on my birthday. Frankly I think that is a calling. Then again, I don't want to put too much into this just in case I don't get it. And that is a big just in case. But getting this job would be a big answer to some of my life's questions right now. So I finally finished my application today and submitted it electronically. It really is a big weight off my shoulders. I can't even look at my completed application because I don't want to second guess myself. And an application for a Federal job isn't just a few questions, it is your life story of work. Alot of detail needs to be included and it has taken me a couple of weeks to get my application finalized.
Speaking of my birthday... I turn 40 on Friday. I really have been dreading this birthday for a year. Ever since I turned 39. This is not a birthday I look forward to. Not that I really worry about the age more like I worry about where I am in life at this age. Not where I want to be but am I doing anything to get there? A question I ask myself constantly. Frankly I need to get my shit together in several areas and quit stressing about it. I need to follow my Ali word for the year: DO. DO get yourself off the couch and/or out of bed. Get yourself off the couch and/or out of bed and DO something. DO get your finances in order. DO get your house cleaned and organized like you want. DO the cosmetic stuff around the house to make it comfortable and a place you want to be. Just DO!
I follow Kate O'Brien's blog religiously and anxiously await new posts. She has a playlist on her blog and there is one song that really touches my heart. It is "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley. I have never heard of this artist before nor have I ever heard this song. It is a gorgeous touching song. I am definately investing in this CD in the near future.
Speaking of Kate, she tagged me earlier this month and I am just now getting around the answering the tag:
You have to add a question on to the end then tag 2 more people.
1. My 2 favorite scrapbook topics are: Sugar (my dog) and Edward
2. The 2 best places I've been to are: San Diego and Santa Fe
3. 2 things I do everyday are: drive my dogs to work (don't ask) and go to the bank (for work)
4. The 2 things everyone knows about me are: Baby (my dog) and papercrafting is my life
5. The 2 places I wish to visit are: Ireland/Scotland and Niagara Falls
6. 2 things you may not know about me are: I love the smell of coffee but hate the taste and I work in the wine business but can't aquire the taste of wine
7. My two favorite foods are: guacamole and bagels
8. My two favorite musical artists are: Corinne Bailey Rae and John Legend (for right now)
9. What is the last two shows you watched on television: Rob and Big and Real World/Road Rules Challenge (yes I am a 40 year-old... well 39 year-old that still watches MTV and VH1 religiously)
So now I am going to tag Joni and Amber.
Thanks for listening to my rambles.



6 comments:
Got me, huh? LOL! Okay, I'll play... Funny you should be talking about you Bday. I just posted my bday layout, probably at the same time you were leaving me a comment... And good luck on the job! I'm keeping the fingers on both my hand crossed!
My sweet sweet Kim! I really hope the job works out for you! I will say a prayer.
I understand about the birthday. And the part about it more being about WHERE you are in life not the age. I hope you find some peace and things get better.
I suck. I'm an awful friend. Cause your package I was supposed to mail like 2 weeks ago is sitting here under my scap desk still waiting.
I PROMISE I will get it out to you this week. I have 5 packages that need to get out.
Love you girl!
I so hope you get the job. Good luck honey
Sorry I'm a day late, sweetie, but read my blog entry today - if you haven't yet received the card I sent you, I uploaded a photo there and wish you HB! I hope you like it. I'll be sending good job landing thoughts, and I hope you are just celebrating all weekend and doing what you want to!
Hey girl, TAG you're it (see my blog for details)!
Where you been! Post an entry (do the tag)!
You're not still mopin' around about turning 39 again, are you? Girl, that's nothing - try 50! I just did! That's okay, I tried it for you, ROFL.
You need to update more often my friend!
Post a Comment