Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mi Vida Loca

Don't really have anything to say today just wanted to blog a lil bit. This weekend, my sister {Nikki}, Slutina {Sylvia}, and a new friend {Sandy} went to Archiver's to crop for 12 hours. I got a couple projects done {will show y'all later} but didn't get anywhere near finished with my list of projects I took to the crop. I started on a couple of inserts for my new design team position with Memory Purses. I seriously can't wait til those are done and posted!!! Saturday was a crazy night with the four of us in Nikki's one room apartment. Sylvia was on some kind of high from some meds she was on... let's hope it was the meds anyways!!! So it is like 1am and she is yammering away like she is defeding some dissertation. She won't shut up. Seriously!!! If I didn't want to catch a case, I would have put a pillow over her mouth for as long as necessary! Then my air mattress began to sink. It didn't help that my air mattress has been in the back of my car since I attended my last crop at Archiver's with Nikki and Sylvia in maybe August... maybe September. I dont' know; I can't remember. So I pumped up my mattress again. Yes there is a hole somewhere. So I decide to go sleep in my car. Not that bad of an idea considering Sylvia won't shut up. So I go to my car. The front seat goes all the way down so you can put your feet up there and put down the back seat so you recline a little, very little. I am mostly comfortable with the exception of the seat belt chingadera poking my buttocks. Now the part that freaked me out is that I had my fac toward the window and I kept expecting to see a face standing there every time I opened my eyes. And since I was freaked out, I had to open my eyes every minute or so. I did finally fall asleep with no attempted murder on me in my car.

I did get new glasses this weekend. Two pairs even. I am stoked. I love getting new glasses. I really like both pairs. I got a little tint in one pair... light enough to wear inside but with a little sun protection. I have worn glasses since third grade. I have never been one to wear sunglasses, even prescription, so I am liking the little bit of tint that I got. The other pair of glasses are a neat shape, something different than I usually get, and olive in color. Loving them. No matter what, I usually pick the same shape of frames every time I get new glasses in brown or tortoise brown. So the olive is a nice change for me. But I have the backup brown frames in the other pair that I got with the tint!!!

The four of us, me/Nikki/Sylvia/Sandy, are going to get together in November for a weekend crop. Just us. Sandy has a cabin somewhere not too far from any of us (okay within a couple of hours but when you live in Texas that isn't far at all!!!) I am excited. The worse part of crops is the packing. But with it being just us, I can take a crapload of stuff to work on and it won't be any big deal. When you are with a group, you have to limit what you take because of space issues. I am also going to take Baby with me. The Babes hasn't been on a trip for awhile. It will probably be more a PITA with Babraham Lincoln because she always wants to be held but I can't leave her in the house that long by herself. Overnight isn't a big deal but EZ will be away that weekend so I am taking Babykins with me.

I am getting excited on some design team applications I have submitted (or will be submitting). I always stress over my design team projects because you are told what products to use and given a deadline. But you know what? It is nice that I have been papercrafting. Without the deadlines, I don't get a lot done. It is nice having a portfolio of projects that I love. Plus the design teams that I am currently on and are in the process of applying for are all different. So I don't have to worry about just working on layouts or cards or altered. It is a nice mix of all. I am really enjoying my papercrafting career right now. It would be that much sweeter if I could get my scrap room clean and organized. Speaking of scrap rooms...

I recently saw a scraproom on a blog that was so beautiful. Granted it was about 2.5 times bigger than my room but it was all color coordinated. Again is was so beautiful. The storage boxes/bins were color coordinated with the room. My room is color coordinated for the most part, orange walls with white trim and orange/pink decor. But the storage boxes/bins are just whatever hodge podge I have picked up for a good deal. Nothing is color coordinated. I definately am going to be on the lookout for some cheaps boxes/bins that are color coordinated and that will go with my room! Maybe I need to look through the IKEA catalog.

Well I think I have rambled on about nothing long enough... Until next time, peace out!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Aimeslee Winans said...

That was a really good entry, you should do this more!