Wednesday, October 31, 2007

DT Application Projects

Here are some projects that I made for an application for the 2008 Worldwin Papers Design Team. Since I was not selected for the design team I thought I would share my projects. While I am still excited about these projects {these are the projects that I was so excited about from my post on October 18, 2007} it is very hard to design with cardstock as 90% of your project.

BOO Banner - I was so excited when I completed this project. I am sure you can understand why... it rocks! Supplies used: Worldwin Caribbean Colors cardstock, K & Company glitter chipboard alphas, velvet ribbon from Michaels, and webbing/glittery pipe cleanrs/feather Christmas ornaments from Hobby Lobby.


Sweet Card - Supplies used: Worldwin Caribbean Colors cardstock, KI Memories Love Elsie collection embossed paper, Making Memories glitter, Hobby Lobby flocking, and American Crafts Thickers.


Boop 8.5x11 Layout - Supplies used: Worldwin Caribbean Colors cardstock, KI Memories Love Elsie patterned paper/stickers/chipboard buttons, Sharpies, StazOn ink, alpha stamps, and American Crafts Thickers. Please note that you have to have seen the movie Superbad to get this layout.


Hi Card - Supplies used: Worldwin Caribbean Colors cardstock, October Afternoon journaling tag, May Arts ribbon, and American Crafts Thickers.


It is always disappointing to be turned down for anything. Regardless I made some wonderful projects that I really feel good about. One of the reasons I submitted for this specific design teams was for a chance to work with Kerry McKibbins who is on the 2007 Design Team. It turns out she was not selected for the 2008 Design Team which is extremely disappointing and makes me glad I wasn't selected. Not that I know Kerry but I stalk her blog. She is a riot! You seriously need to read her blog.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

BethieJ said...

Kim~ Those are BEAUTIFUL! all your projects! I am sorry you werent selected, but we get to see them now and be INSPIRED!! I gotta save that boo idea for next year! CUTE!!!
I am off to check out that blog you linked! :)
See you at 2scrappychix! have a GREAT day!
Beth

Kerry McKibbins said...

OMG Kim - you are too much!
First of all, I love your projects, esp the last card, beautiful, very happy looking!
I'm sorry about the DT, but don't be too bummed. They'll be others. Your stuff is great!
Thank you for your kind words, you are a nut!

Aimeslee Winans said...

That Kerry is right, Kim. Your mojo (ha! just corrected my typo that had it spelled mofo, teehee). At the risk of giving you a bighead, your stuff has never been more smokin'. I'll email ya with something I got in the mail...you probbly got it too, but worth a shot.

Chiara said...

ooh love the stuff