Wednesday, August 15, 2007

California

Last month E and I went to California for vacation. We earned the trip through work and were able to visit Napa Valley and San Francisco. I had never been to either locale and loved them both. Napa was perfect. I couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. It was so wonderful to be able to sit outside and enjoy it without extreme heat and extreme bugs. We were able to enjoy the beauty of eating outside. Simply marvelous. I think this picture is my absolute favorite from the whole trip... a bunch of grapes. I believe crush is going to be around the end of September this year for most of Napa. I can't imagine what Napa Valley looks like in the middle of crush... a site to see I am sure.Here is another of my favorite shots from vacation, San Francisco from the crookedest street. I just like the layout of the photo.
Needless to say our vacation was much too short. We didn't do too much except just to relax and take it easy. I must say that the 5.5 days we were in California went by like it was 2. We got there and before we knew it we were back in San Francisco on the way to the airport to come home to some ridiculous Texas heat.

But I can always dream of that beautiful California weather and wait for my return trip.... some day!

4 comments:

Julie Overby said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip! Beautiful photos!

Laurie Dunn said...

Beautiful photos Kim!:)

Joni M said...

I hope next time you come, you can come further south for a visit! Glad you had such a fun time!

Kerry McKibbins said...

Great pics!