Scary Weather
As I was sitting around the house after getting off from work, a horrible storm came through out of nowhere. There was thunder, lightning, hail, and horizontal rain. After the power went out (of course it went out--I live out in the middle of nowhere in the country), we decided to take a drive to see what kind of damage the storm did. There were trees/limbs down all over. The neighbors haybarn lost its roof. And it wasn't any kind of light, cheesy roof. It was a sturdy roof that was ripped to shreds all over his farm. The power came on about 10 minutes ago, a couple minutes after we got back from our storm tour. I like living in the country but hate it when bad weather comes through. You just never know what is going to happen with the infrastructure. The electricity could be out for a couple of minutes or a couple of days. We lucked out this time...



No comments:
Post a Comment