It's Been Awhile...
since I have posted anything. Not that I am talking to anyone specific just writing a few thoughts down. But since outing myself as a blogger on the Creative Escape 2006 Yahoo! group, I thought I would update my blog.
Last weekend was my beach weekend scrap retreat near Galveston. I arrived way later than planned because I picked up my new car from the dealer in San Antonio (like 3 hours away from where I live). So by the time I drove to San Antonio, drove back home to pick up my crap, and drove to the beach house--I arrived about 10pm (12 hours from the start of my travels). I was pretty exhausted. Basically I took a shower because I felt grungy, did the requisite snacking, and went to bed. The entire weekend I got exactly two journals made and one 12x12 layout. This is by far the least amount of papercrafting I have ever accomplished--and this was a 48 hour plus weekend retreat. I have accomplished more in a six hour retreat than this whole weekend. Anywho... I had a great time. Good friends (some new, some old), great food, and lots of laughs. I got to play with my friend Dona's new Pazzle. There were some bugs to work out but Dona being a demonstrator with them, she was going to call them first thing on Monday to see what the problems were. We did cut out multiple die cuts that I need for my Rolodex swap for Creative Escape. I also met Nancy during this weekend. I have been hating on Nancy for quite awhile now. Let me explain... Nancy is this fantastic papercrafter that is on the Design Team at Novel Approach (in Friendswood, I believe). Hopefully Nancy knew I was kidding when I told her I hated her and her mother (well actually the cake her mother made). Not only did Nancy product some great stuff this weekend but she also brought a cake her mother made. It was a German chocolate cake with a layer of what I am guessing is cream cheese in the middle. You will not only want to eat this whole cake (and make yourself very very sick in the process) but you will want to kill anyone that dares come near this cake let alone with a fork. The cake (and Nancy's papercrafts) is to die for!!!
My goal this week is to get my (s)crap together for a scrapbook garage sale at The Scrapbook Junkie (in Kemah) next weekend. I have too much junk that I don't use to just be sitting around in the resource center. And what a better way to get rid of it (versus just throwing it away) is to sell it and get store credit. Store credit means that much more (s)crap to put in my resource center--only this (s)crap will be all the newest stuff from CHA!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment