Sunday, April 05, 2009

04.05.2009 Etsy Again!

So I made a deal with myself that I couldn't "shop" any more either online or IRL until I finished making a doll. Well that deal lasted all of let's say a week. Let me tell you what triggered the shopping... the thought of buying a new house. You see there is an Etsy store that I love (yes another one) where the artist paints these wonderful canvases. I have already purchased two paintings from her. I have been eyeballing a third painting for my bathroom. Yes my bathroom. I have a fun shower curtain that has bright orange, pink, and lime green. And I have been searching for something to hang in the bathroom. Not an easy choice to match with those colors or I am extremely picky. Regardless of the reason, I went to her store yesterday and she was having a sale on a few selections. Well a girl had to look. And obviously a girl had to find something on sale that would fit in the bathroom perfectly. That would also be needed in a new house as well. So here is what I bought:

Aren't those colors delish and the painting funky? The colors will go perfectly. I am sure you understand why I had to make this purchase and at a sale price too. Really?

Here are the two other paintings that I purchased from the same store:


The brown poppies was the first piece I purchased. Upon receipt, it was love at first sight!
Now seriously I will really try to stick with the deal I made with myself. No more purchases (outside of meals, groceries, gas, you know the normal stuff that you have to buy) until I complete a doll. Off to get my sew on!
(Two posts in two days is hopefully a sign that I will post more regularly if nothing else but to say I have nothing to post!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

Kerry McKibbins said...

These are cute!!! I have to check out this shop. I never have any luck on Etsy. It's too overwhelming for me. Actually, I did buy two necklaces from someone. Maybe I'll go back and look.......
Thanks Kim!

Joni M said...

Those are adorable Kim! They would be perfect for your new house!

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

i'm loving those that you got for the bathroom. off to check her out! waiting on the dolls though. i'm dying to see one!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Cute purchases, I know you will love them. So sorry to hear you lost Texas Ranger. I'm certain though that whatever helps them out of pain is the best for them and at the vets I'm sure he was treated well. Sorry about your ticket too. Whoa, that's a long time to not get your car fixed. I sure hope you get to feelin better about your job. Have a good Easter and weekend. xoxo

Kerry McKibbins said...

Hey Kim - I need a new post! Come on, get a move on!