02.03.2009 Crafty
What? I finally got my craft on. You betcha! Here is proof with a crummy photo from my phone. Granted you can't tell the gorgeous green colors of the scarf but I am sure you can use your imagination. Needless to say my craftyness resulted in this fantastic scarf I am modeling for you viewing pleasure. I knitted this scarf in four days. I went to Hobby Lobby on Saturday and finished this tonight. It is about 5 feet long, maybe closer to four. Anyways... I didn't knit in the traditional sense. I have been wanting to learn to knit. Somehow I ended up in the yard section at HobLob and noticed their knitting supplies were 40% off. So I look around and came across this knitting loom. It is just a plastic ring with knobs on it... granted I didn't get the ring but the more elongated rectangular one to make scarves. It is so easy... I am starting on a thinner more fashionable scarf this evening versus a winter/neck-warmer scarf. I am using the leftover yarn on the second scarf... leftover considering I purchased this ginormous skein of yard. And I bought two more skeins of yard from Etsy... more artsy type yarn (if there is such a saying). Yarn made from banana fibers and and some handspun wool yarn from a women's collective in Nepal and very inexpensive as seen here:






4 comments:
Hey, you did a great job knitting and that's a great photo of you! and yum, love the blue n purple skeins, ahhhh. :-)
xoxo
loving the glasses! and the scarf and new fibers...
sadly my first and only knitting project still sits unfinished on the needles in a corner for like 2 years now and i REALLY wanted to learn how to knit.
Cool!
Love it!
Hey sweets, you need to blog, hellllloooo. LOL Seriously, I am worried about you, whatsup with all the border crap out there? Are you okay? xoxo
Post a Comment