06.21.2008 Need sleep, can't sleep.
In about five hours I will be up getting ready to attend an all-day crop. It is now approximately 2:00 a.m. and I cannot sleep. I want to sleep. I need to sleep. But sleep won't come. Now let me tell you why the sleep won't come... I have a job interview on Monday. Keep in mind, I also had a job interview this past Wednesday. Man when it rains, it pours in a good way. As you may know I have been extremely frustrated that the new job search hasn't really gone anywhere. I have applied for about a gabillion positions. Monday's interview will be my third telephone interview. The first position in Vermont was filled in-house. The second position I interviewed for this past week is in Orlando. Did you hear me? I said Orlando. I have never been to Florida let alone live in Florida. I find a new place an exciting adventure. Not that I am going to rush right over and ring Mickey Mouse's doorbell but it would be great to live nearby so I could whenever I wanted to. Now the third position that I will interview for on Monday is in El Paso. You say El Paso, why would you want to live there? I have lived in El Paso before for about two years. I have to say the thought of going back to El Paso is keeping me awake. I really like El Paso. When I first moved to El Paso, I thought it was extremely ugly and depressing. Seriously who wants a cement or dirt yard at their house!?!?!?!?!?! Of course the house I bought had a beautiful grass yard that I ruined in short order because I didn't care for the watering and tending to the grass. Gee a cement or dirt yard doesn't look so bad now. But I really like the El Paso culture. It is right next door to New Mexico. Have you ever been to Mesilla? I am fascinated with the tiny town of Mesilla. I really love it there. But not only do I personally like El Paso but it would mean I would get the chance to work with my best friend again. We used to work together when I lived in El Paso. Seriously I was her supervisor and we became fast friends. I don't know how we made it work being co-workers and friends but we did. It did have a lot to do with the fact that we both are meticulous about doing to job the right way and getting it done fast and regardless of resources. So wish me luck. I definately need it! (And hopefully this is good night!)



No comments:
Post a Comment