Thursday, March 27, 2008

03.27.2008 Pity Party is over!

First of all I want to thank all my girls for posting after I cancelled my 200th post celebration. My apologies but I was having a pity party for a second there. I just was a little (okay maybe ALOT) disappointed that I didn't have any comments for a couple of days. Maybe I just need to post better stories.

Anyways, on to bigger and better things. Maybe. I recently purchased this book from Barnes and Noble online.
Maybe it is just me but this book was extremely disappointed. Now I am no Betsy Ross but I know some shit in regards to sewing. (Sorry Nikki but I couldn't help it... just a little rephrase of something my sister always said.) Maybe it was the hype that I have seen over this book. Maybe it is the Flickr group. Maybe I was just looking for something grand not dealing with papercrafting. So I ordered this book. Please don't think that this book isn't a good book, for the beginner sewer. For me with my average sewing skills and crafty mind, this book is not the one. Anyone else have an opinion about this book? Would anyone like me to "pay it forward" and send you this book?



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to lean to sew too. looks like a good book - but i know what you mean about being disappointed. especially when a particular product is worked up to be something wonderful and then you get it in your hands and it's not. so you are sewing? i want to see something!!!! the only think i've ever made is pillows. cause' they are easy! LOL!

Joni M said...

My daughter just came home with a pattern this evening and announced that she is going to make a dress! It was one of the Project Runway Simplicity patterns. I would have at least thought that she would pick an easy pattern for her first attempt... YIKES! I'll let you know how it comes out!